How to Remove Virus from Pendrive without Losing Data: We for the most part use pen drives in our everyday life as a brief storage gadget and to transfer data between the frameworks. Be that as it may, pen drives are effectively defenseless to virus contamination when contrasted with other storage gadgets as they can be widely utilized on any PC without any problem. They can be effortlessly connected and out to any framework, this is the primary justification for virus contamination on these pen drives.
How to Remove Shortcut Virus from Pendrive without Losing Data
This would prompt data corruption; thusly prompting the loss of your vital files on these pen drives. I accept the majority of you may have run over such circumstances and surprisingly lost your vital data from the pen drives because of this. In this way, know how you can recuperate virus deleted files without any problem now.
Stop stressing and move quickly!!! At the point when you discover any hints of such disease simply take a stab at removing them quickly, else they could replicate themselves and make your entire pen drive corrupt. Here are not many of the tips/steps to remove virus structure your pen drive that too without losing your vital data. Peruse on to know-how:
How to Remove Virus from Pendrive without Losing Data Online
Unhide files: Due to virus infection your important files on the pen drive might become hidden. So first try to unhide these files:
- In Start Menu -> Click RUN -> type cmd to open the command prompt
- Now, type your Flash Drive Letter (for example J) followed with colon i.e. J:
- Type attrib -r -a -s -h *.* and press enter
This will unhide all your files on the pen drive.
Identify and delete Virus: Locate and identify the virus and delete them. Actually virus can exist in many forms like Autorun.inf, Newfolder.exe, RAVMON.exe, New-folder.exe, SVChoste.exe etc. In the command prompt again type the drive letter (for example J) followed by colon (J:) and press enter Then type
“dir /w/o/a/p” (without quotes)
This will list all the files present in that drive, if you find any of the files listed above then just delete them by typing “del” followed by full name of the file and an “attrib” command. For example if it is an autorun.inf then, use
- “attrib -s -h -r autorun.inf” .(without double quotes) press Enter and then type
- “del autorun.inf”
In case if it is a shortcut virus i.e. all files have become shortcuts, then you will have to use
- “del *.lnk” and hit Enter.(without double quotes)
- Finally type the below command and hit Enter. (without double quotes)
“attrib -s -r -h *.* /s /d /l”
Wait for some time and then open the pen drive.
In case if these doesn’t work then just use attrib -h -r -s /s /d j: \*.* and wait for some time and then open your pen drive.
Note: Don’t forget to replace the letter “J” with the drive letter for the pen drive shown on your systems
Use Antivirus software:
In case the above explained steps or commands fail to remove the virus from your pen drive, just make use of the good and trustworthy anti-virus software which are available plenty in market. Make sure you always use the updated versions of the software as they provide complete security and will be designed to even defend the newer threats.
Format your pen drive
This is the last option to get rid of virus form your pen drive. Even if the antivirus software couldn’t remove the virus then, go for “Quick Format”. Before performing this option, make sure you have taken Backup of your entire important data on your pen drive.
- Go to Start – > click on My Computer (newer Windows use Computer)
- From the drives list locate your pen drive and right click on it
- Now, select Quick Format option, hit “Yes” when asked for confirmation
With this, your pen drive will be formatted effectively thusly killing the viruses from it. Presently restore back your upheld-up data. On the off chance that you don’t have a backup copy, at that point you will lose your data without a doubt. This is on the grounds that formatting will totally delete all the data stored on the pen drive. Subsequently, remember to take data backup prior to formatting. In the event that on the off chance that you don’t have backup and lost your entire data don’t get strained, utilize the Remo Recover software and restore your data back. This tool will assist you with effectively getting back your total data even in the wake of formatting your pen drive.
Also Read Article: How Can You See someone’s Connections on LinkedIn?
- Continuously examine your pen drive with the most recent antivirus software as soon and you interface with your PC
- Continue to refresh the antivirus software routinely
- Take data backup every now and again
- How to Heal All Your Pokemon in Pokemon Go
- How to Find the Best Username for your Fiverr Account
- What Provides a Visual Model for Classifying and Comparing Various Social Media Services?